This is an Advertisement

Help! My House Got Flooded!


While finalizing the purchase of a home, it is important to get as much information about the offer as possible. This includes insurance coverage, what is included in the acquisition, and what the buyer is accountable for with the house. If the realty agent, broker or loan provider lied or misled the buyers, this could result in a civil suit against the company or the individual.

If you or anyone you know in Lexington believe to have been duped in the purchase of the property, one of the best options you may get is our Lexington insurance attorneys at Mehr Fairbanks Trial Lawyers.

Can I Sue My Realtor For Not Being Honest?

Lots of purchasers will certainly work with a real estate agent, property broker or agent, or an intermediary to help in buying a house. Nevertheless, if the individual misrepresents the property, this could lead to a possible claim. Some states impose more obligation on the client to identify if an issue or damage exists within your home prior to the deal, and others put even more liability on the broker or agent. One of the key legal problems that complicate the sale is the possible misrepresentation of the home from the person employed to aid with the purchase. This may require recognizing if a misrepresentation occurred during the tour of the property, paperwork or through the final closing of the sale.

Consulting with an experienced insurance attorney in Lexington may help in finding out if indeed you have been had by a questionable deal.

What If The Realtor Did Not Inform Me of The Problems During the House Tour?

A legal problem of misrepresentation occurs when the realtor presents some features of the estate that is untrue or inaccurate. Other concerns that may occur all at once are those of failures to divulge numerous information. These happen when the realty specialist does not deal with, clarify or present something regarding the property completely. Misrepresentations might revolve around the structure or the boundaries. Others are because of issues or severe problems that may include termites, infestation of pests and other similar complications. Nevertheless, other typical issues exist in easements, title scenarios and ecological troubles such as insurance coverage or climate risks.

Can My Insurance Cover the Issues I Have with My House?

Specific places in the USA and overseas require specific types of insurance coverage based on the unavoidable risks to the structure of the property such as cyclones or areas of high tornadic activity. The insurance for property may go beyond the income of the purchaser, and also without a policy grandfathered right into the purchase, the person might seek to buy a property with much less risk. Some insurance coverage is up to and over $15,000 a year just to make sure the property has a policy in effect. When working with a realtor or real estate agent or broker, he or she may clarify that coverage does exist when it does not.

Federal Emergency Management Agency or FEMA has particular standards in place that adjust based upon cyclones or climate threats that could ruin specific properties. This may affect houses on stilts to stay clear of water damages near the coastline. When the FEMA standards invalidate insurance that was formerly grandfathered in, the policy generally does not apply to future acquisitions. This would need the homeowner to acquire a new policy that exceeds included expenses. If the real estate professional or property representative fails to reveal this information, it can bring about legal action for misrepresentation or failure to disclose the required details about the purchase.

Does FEMA Include Flood Insurance Coverage?

There are specific areas with the Gulf of Mexico where FEMA is no longer an offered insurance coverage even if some residential properties were initially grandfathered into the protection. Due to standard changes because of the higher risk assessment from hurricanes and storms, the property owners in these locations may need to buy additional or entirely different insurance plans than in previous years. These scenarios transform based on the possible threats and the available flooding insurance policy in these locations. When an individual is looking for to acquire a home on the coastline or on the water with stilts under the house, FEMA and similar insurance policies are generally not available.

Can I Sue My Realtor?

When a realty agent or broker misrepresents the property, it is the negligent civil suit that is possible when he or she fails to disclose a considerable matter with the property as a result of lack of knowledge. Fraudulent litigation is a sure thing when she or he conceals something from the customer to guarantee the sale pushes through. Depending on the actions of the agent, it is possible for the buyer to file a misrepresentation lawsuit.

Should I get a lawyer if I believe I had been blind-sided?

Definitely! An experienced Lexington insurance attorney may be of great help to your cause. If you have issues concerning realty insurance, do not hesitate to contact us at Mehr Fairbanks Trial Lawyers.

Contact Information